Le Californian Beau – Loreal Xtenso Rebond
Positive: The place was better than I expected. Two story, clean washrooms, Lots of chairs, local and foreign magazines, A giant LCD tv ( Although the resolution is not good)
Negative: Waited 4 hours to have hair done. Lack of expected customer service for such a delay. Although reasons were given and using a voucher. Still you expect good cs right?
1. Arrived at 9:55 am for appointment. Called coz I saw the inner door was already open. Was hushed in by Abner and waited at the 2nd floor lounge area where there’s a giant LCD TV, relaxing music and a number of magazines to read.
2. Was advised the one who’s going to do the rebond is not yet around. So I waited. After an hour, I had to go down to reception and ask what’s taking so long. The receptionist Tin said that the stylist usually arrives early when there’s an appointment set at 10 ( the voucher states 11 am) however he is late.
3. So I waited again. At 11:30 am Stylist came up, no apologies. He now said that the Loreal Xtenso is not available and would I want to use another product or wait for it to arrive. He said a cancellation text message was sent to clients regarding this. Told him no I did not receive any text message of the sort and I definitely want Xtenso because that’s what I paid for. He went down again to speak with the owner on the phone and at noontime. He asked me to come back at 1 PM. I said I hope that I would not have to wait two hours to get my hair done when I get back.
4. Good thing the Receptionist Tin apologized at that time because I was about to throw things. Seething yes that was the word. I spent my time in Robinson’s Figaro ate pasta and had coffee. Came back at 1pm to be told that it still has not yet arrived.
5. So I waited again from 1 pm. I had to ask for water because nobody was offering anything when In fact I waited since 10 am. The other staff asked someone to give me a glass of Iced Tea instead which was good but better if I did not have to ask.
6. I really had no choice but to wait because it was hard to set an appointment and I travelled an hour to get to the place. So if you calculate it. I already spent from my time of travel 9am to 1pm waiting to have my hair done. That’s four hours. I was okay though, resigned to my fate. Just reading another set of magazines. At that time I know everything from Sarah Geronimo to Angelina Jolie’s obsession to make Shiloh a little boy.
7. At 2pm the Loreal Xtenso arrived. I was ushered into a room where they do the hair stuff. This is primarily a spa and they just extended their services to include a salon. Stylist Jordan apologized for the delay and said that they did cancel however I did not receive the message for whatever reason. I was the only client that day.
8. Stylist was very thorough and nice. Not annoying at all. I had a nice time when I was having my hair rebonded. He answered all my questions and even showed the different Loreal products that are being used for rebond. I also had a nice time watching Dragonball Evolution the movie. I now know who Goku is lol.
9. Except for the incessant chatting of one of the staff who came in who never bothered to acknowledge my presence in the room. I think she’s in love with the stylist ha ha. No hi hello mam or client mam ha ha. It was okay. I still gave the stylist a tip in spite of waiting forever and spending my entire day in their salon.
10. My previously mane of a hair reminiscent of the waves of a tsunami has now become smooth, straight, silky. I came down to reception paid the 1049 pesos. I said thank you. Nobody thanked me back or thanked me for waiting forever. I arrived at 10 and left at 6pm.
POSITIVE: My hair looks good. That’s probably the most important part. See my before and after pics below
Staff should be trained more in terms of customer service. Groupon buying clients are still clients. No matter how much we pay and that’ s something that Groupon companies should also make sure from companies they partner with. Although my hair turned out to be as I expected to be. The delay would have been handled better if staff knew what to do. If there was no available stylist, no Xtenso I should have been informed earlier so I could have spent my time better somewhere else then come back when everything is available. Those are 4 hours of my life I will not be able to get back (drama queen) I should have just watched a movie and for Goodness sake. Offer your client a juice, a coffee or something.
And this is my story. I just had to write it. From a Newly Rebonded Mrs. Shoppiness.
Take Remedios Street if you’re driving from Taft Ave. LRT
It’s in front of the tallest two white tower buildings you’ll see besides Chereville hotel.
633 Remedios St., Malate Manila